Friday 26 September 2014

My Supply Teaching Tin

Sorry for the lack of posts in the last few weeks. I've been a bit under the weather this week and not been up for late night blogging!

So I've been supplying for a few weeks now and still loving it! I feel like I've worked a lot of stuff out regarding where I'd like to be in the next year or so. I've been working more in KS2 (that's ages 7-11 for anyone overseas who may be reading this!) although I'm also getting some experience in Year 1, which is lots of fun and very different to anything I'm used to!

In my last post I talked about putting together an emergency kit for when I'm working. I've encountered many a day when I find I really need my own stash to make the day go by a little smoother. I present my Supply Box:

Remember this? My awesome tin that my mum and dad bought back from a trip away. I've started filling it up with lots of goodies to get me through my day on supply. There are still things I want to get, but I've made a start.


  • My brand new 'marked by supply teacher' stamper. I also have a customised 'marked by Miss Hazell' stamper on order for the classes that I work in more regularly.
  • My portable hard drive. This is my baby. I have two years worth of planning, activities and other time fillers on here. Perfect for those times when I need to improvise! 
  • My 'register pen'. Basically a red and a black Biro cellotaped together to speed up register marking (I was always fascinated by this contraption when I was young!)
  • Spare pencils. From Tiger (LOVE this shop!) You never know when a child needs a spare pencil. I like these ones as they stand out compared to standard school pencils.
  • A Sharpie. You never know!
  • A stash of red pens. For marking. Lots of marking!
  • Highlighters. The school I'm currently based in uses a highlighting system called 'Tickled Pink, Green Growth'. You highlight all strong points of a child's work in pink and highlight areas to edit or change/improve in green.
  • A rubber. Goes without saying. 
  • My awesome metallic stars. The kids LOVE these! A star shaped sticker always beats a round sticker. And they're shiny. Oooh!
  • My hour glass. Times 3 minutes. Just the right amount of time to give a class to tidy away. Or complete partner talk. Or get lined up. Lots of things, really.
I will add more bits over time, but this is what I've collected so far! 
Nx :)

No comments:

Post a Comment