Wednesday 13 August 2014

My summer project

I'm back with an update on my summer! I've been on a mini-break to the Isle of Wight with my mum so not been about to blog for a few days. Had a lovely time and managed to catch a bit of colour before coming back to drizzly London.
My photo box



So my main project for the summer (besides tidying and organising my room!) is sorting through all of my old photographs. Considering I was one of those children who took a camera absolutely EVERYWHERE and took snaps upon snaps of various landscapes/trees/clouds/bins, you can imagine I have many packs of photos to vet!





Lots of photos inside!


While sorting through my wardrobe (which is now filled with school bits - hurrah!) I came across a familiar old box of mine. A box so full that half of the lid was actually just hanging off (cleverly hidden by my camera angle!) and was full to the brim with packs of old photographs. Many years ago I had managed to collect all of the old films (remember APS films?!) and stored them in another box but all of the CDs and viewfinders were still floating around my box of snaps. It was time to start sorting!



My kit: Scapbooks, photo mounts and coloured sharpies!


I had a plan: pick out the photos I liked, throw away the rest. Oraganise and stick into albums. Brilliant. One tiny problem: I was a rather over-eager photographer back then. I had photographs of random waxworks at Madame Tussauds, blurry pictures of animal enclosures at Whipsnade zoo, wonky photographs of my brother taken from underneath our patio furniture, photographs of very green landscapes that I can not, for the life of me, tell you where they are... So I got to work with my scrapbooks (including a gorgeous scrapbook from a friend while I was still at uni!), my pack of photo mounts and my array of coloured sharpies.

... yes, my sharpies ARE in a pen holder that I made and decorated myself. I like making something out of nothing!
Sorting through old pictures :)
I spent a long afternoon sat cross-legged on the floor in my living room sorting through my old photographs. So far I've thrown out all of the photographs that I din't need/want to keep and sorted the remaining photographs into groups (family/primary era, secondary school, uni and beyond).

I shall update further as I complete my scrapbooks!
Nx :)

No comments:

Post a Comment